Poached Cod with Savoy Cabbage and Asparagus
Phase 2 | Serves 4 | Prep time: 25 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 head Savoy cabbage, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 3/4 cup asparagus tips
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 6-ounce cod fillets
- In a large skillet with a lid over medium heat, sauté the cabbage, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in 2 tablespoons of the chicken broth until the cabbage is soft, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the asparagus tips and cook 1 minute more.
- Remove the cabbage mixture to a bowl and cover.
- Return the skillet to the heat.
- Add the remaining chicken broth, 2 teaspoons sea salt, and the lemon juice, and bring to a simmer.
- Add the cod fillets, cover, and poach until the fillets are nearly opaque in the center, about 4 minutes total, carefully flipping the fish once.
- Lift the fillets out of the liquid and set them aside on a plate.
- Bring the poaching liquid to a boil over high heat.
- Boil until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange the cod fillets and vegetables on serving plates, and spoon some of the liquid over each serving.