Pretzel-Crusted Fish Fillets
Serves 2 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup finely crushed sprouted-grain pretzels
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic seasoning (or another all-purpose seasoning you like)
- 2 6-ounce halibut fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Whisk together the arrowroot, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the egg. Place the crushed pretzels in a third bowl and stir in a teaspoon of your favorite seasoning.
- Dip the fish fillets in the arrowroot until they are evenly covered.
- Then dip them in the beaten egg, and then in the crushed pretzels.
- Place the fillets on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle them with the olive oil. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the fish is nearly opaque and the outside is golden brown.
- Serve with lemon wedges.