Chicken Mango Salad
The Burn uses food to target specific conditions that may be keeping you from optimal health: inflammation, digestive issues and/or hormonal imbalances. The targeted recipes I use in the book are therapeutic, but also delicious. This chicken salad with mango dressing of one my H-Burn recipes.
The H-Burn is a 10-day plan designed to help you zero-in on stubborn white fat as you target your liver, gallbladder, and thyroid to normalize hormone function and boost metabolism.
Here are some signals that your body may need the 10-Day H-Burn:
- Is your hair dry and crispy?
- Is fat accumulating in place you never had it before?
- Is your libido MIA?
- Do you crave simple carbs like flour-based and sugar-based foods?
- Do you feel moody, irritable or weepy?
If these sound familiar, the H-Burn may be the tonic you need. Read more about my upcoming book, The Burn, and how each of its mini-plans can help you bust through plateaus and propel your health and metabolism forward. Order your copy today, and in the meantime, enjoy this recipe for Chicken Mango Salad.
The coconut milk and avocado in this recipe works to nourish the liver, gallbladder, and thyroid, while the ginger, pepper and red-pepper flakes seek out and dissolve hormone-induced body fat. The natural sugars in the mango calm your adrenals, soothing stress hormones that contribute to moodiness, anxiety, and depression.
Chicken Mango Salad
- 4 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup watercress
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 mango, diced, with juices (or 1 cup thawed frozen chunks, diced; peaches or nectarines would work, too)
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Place the chicken breast in a zip-top bag (or between two sheets of plastic wrap on a cutting board). Pound it to a fairly even 1/3-inch thickness, and season generously on both sides with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place the oil and chicken in the skillet and cook the chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside to rest.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the mango, coconut milk, mint, lime juice, lime zest, ginger, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Slice the chicken and add it to the dressing, along with the spinach and watercress. Toss to coat evenly.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste, and top with the sliced avocado.