Recipe from The Burn: Dover sole with veggies
My new book, The Burn, uses food to target specific conditions that may be keeping you from optimal health: inflammation, digestive issues and/or hormonal imbalances. The targeted recipes I use in the book are therapeutic, but also delicious. This recipe for Dover sole is just one of the recipes you’ll find.
The I-Burn is a 3-day plan designed to help you reduce inflammation in the body. And yes! Three days really is enough time to make huge positive changes in your health.
Here are some signals that your body may need the 3-Day I-Burn:
- Do your face, arms and legs feel puffy and bloated?
- Do your socks leave marks around your ankles?
- Do you have trouble getting your rings off at the end of the day?
- Are you muscles hidden under swelling, edema or cellulite?
- Do your fingers and toes tingle?
- Are you dehydrated, even though you keep drinking water?
If these sound familiar, the 3-day I-Burn has your name written all over it. Read more about my upcoming book, The Burn, and how each of its mini-plans can help you bust through plateaus and propel your health and metabolism forward. Order your copy today, and in the meantime, enjoy this recipe for Dover Sole with Roasted Vegetables.
The cabbage, mushrooms, and fish in this recipe are some of my favorite healing foods, aiming to flush toxins, aid elimination and deluge the body with kidney-supportive micronutrients.
Dover Sole With Roasted Veggies
- 1 1/2 cups sliced cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced beets
- 1 cup sliced tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 12-ounce Dover sole fillet (or other white fish)
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- In a large bowl, toss all the vegetables with the garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Spread them evenly on a roasting pan. Roast for 1 hour, or until the vegetables are tender and a little bit crisp.
- In the last 8 minutes of cooking, place the Dover sole on top of the vegetables. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Flip the fish and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve the sole over the vegetables.