Red Fruit Salad
Phase 1 | Serves 6 | Prep time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound cherries, torn in half to remove the pits
- 1 pound strawberries, cored and quartered
- 1 1/4 teaspoon whole coriander seeds, or more to taste (or ground coriander)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons xylitol
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Combine the cherries and strawberries in a large bowl.
- In a dry skillet, toast the coriander seeds until fragrant, then crush in a mortar and pestle until finely ground (if you’re pressed for time, you can use ground coriander).
- Work the xylitol into the coriander one tablespoon at a time.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the fruit along with the lemon zest and juice, and toss gently.
- Set aside for at least 10 minutes, and enjoy.