Veggie Skeleton with Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Makes about 1/2 cup | Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes
Serve this Roasted Red-Pepper Dip in a little bowl as the “head” of your veggie skeleton. We used celery sticks, bell pepper strips, mushrooms, cucumbers, broccoli florets, and both white and green asparagus spears, with slices of fennel for the eyes and mouth — but just use whatever Phase 2 veggies you like! Belgian endive, sliced jicama, green beans, and yellow wax beans would work too.
- 3/4 cup roasted red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- Pinch black pepper
Process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.