Sautéed Swiss Chard with Onions
Phase 2 | Serves 4 | Prep time: 30 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds Swiss chard
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable broth (add more if needed)
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos, or to taste
- Cut the stems and center ribs from the chard, discarding any tough portions, then cut the stems and ribs crosswise into 2-inch pieces.
- Stack the chard leaves and roll them up lengthwise into cylinders.
- Cut the cylinders crosswise to make 1-inch-wide strips.
- Heat the broth in a large heavy pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until the onions begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chard stems and ribs and cook, covered, 3 minutes.
- Add the chard leaves in batches, stirring until wilted before adding the next batch.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the stems are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut aminos and serve.