Phase 3 | Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 5 mins. | Total Time: 5 mins.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, divided
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tablespoons xylitol, or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Whipped coconut cream* and a fresh cherry, for garnish (optional)
- Pour half of the almond milk into a few ice cube tray compartments and freeze until solid. (Or, you can just freeze the almond milk in a plastic container and break it into chunks when you're ready to use it).
- Blend the remaining almond milk with the avocado, xylitol, peppermint extract and vanilla until smooth. Add the almond milk ice cubes and blend just until smooth — don't overblend, or the ice will melt and you won't get that delicious milkshake consistency. Decorate your healthy Shamrock Shake with coconut whipped cream and a fresh cherry, if you like!
- *To whip coconut cream, chill a can of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight (or stick it in the freezer for an hour). Scoop just the top, thick layer of cream into a bowl. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and 10 drops stevia (or to taste), and whip with an electric mixer until fluffy.