Slow-Cooker Balsamic Turkey
Turkey in a slow cooker? Yep! And guess what? It’s not just easy — it turns out super juicy. This balsamic turkey recipe works for both Phase 1 and Phase 3 of the Fast Metabolism Diet. You’ll never believe there’s no oil at all in this meal.
Phase 1 and 3 | Serves 8
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total time: 4 to 7 hours
INGREDIENTS4 portabella mushroom caps, diced large
2 cups grape tomatoes
2 cups diced onions (diced small)
1/4 cup organic chicken broth
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard (optional)
1 two-pound boneless turkey breast
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and chicken broth at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Mix balsamic vinegar and mustard until well combined. Pour over vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Rub turkey with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes (if applicable).
- Place turkey on top of vegetables. Cover and cook for 4 hours on High OR 6 to 7 hours on Low.
- To serve, slice turkey breast and top with vegetables and balsamic sauce.