Slow-Cooker Balsamic Turkey
Turkey in a slow cooker? Yep! And guess what? It’s not just easy — it turns out super juicy. This balsamic turkey recipe works for both Phase 1 and Phase 3 of the Fast Metabolism Diet.
You’ll never believe there’s no oil at all in this meal.
Slow Cooker Balsamic Turkey Roast
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total time: 4 to 7 hours
Phase 1 or 3
- 4 portabella mushroom caps, diced large
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 cups diced onions (diced small)
- 1/4 cup organic chicken broth
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard (optional)
- 1 two-pound boneless turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
Place mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and chicken broth at the bottom of the slow cooker.
Mix balsamic vinegar and mustard until well combined. Pour over vegetables in the slow cooker.
Rub turkey with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes (if applicable).
Place turkey on top of vegetables. Cover and cook for 4 hours on High OR 6 to 7 hours on Low.
To serve, slice turkey breast and top with vegetables and balsamic sauce.