Slow-Cooker Greek-Style Chicken
Serves 8 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 4 hours in slow cooker
- 1 Tbls. olive oil
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Meyer lemon (or regular lemon)
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- Wild rice, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the chicken thighs in olive oil. Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken broth to the hot skillet and scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the broth mixture to the slow cooker, along with the garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Cut enough thin slices from the Meyer lemon to cover the chicken, and lay them on top. Squeeze the remaining lemon juice into the slow cooker. Scatter the kalamata olives on top. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Serve with wild rice to soak up the lemony broth.
If you’re on the Fast Metabolism Diet, this recipe is appropriate for Phase Three if you use wild rice. (Note that the photo below uses brown rice.)