You can enjoy this Soothing Tea on any phase of the Fast Metabolism Diet or the Cleanse. Choosing a medicinal tea, like this one, can help support and detox your body, during and after the FMD or the Cleanse. The ingredients in this tea are not only soothing but therapeutic.
I reached for ginger in this tea because it helps to stimulate your digestion and fight inflammation -- so it's good for soothing excess gas and might help relieve joint pain. While apple cider vinegar is known to help -
- Improve insulin sensitivity and lower blood glucose
- Encourage weight loss
- Detox the body
- Lower cholesterol and reduce high blood pressure
- Kill Candida and fungus
- Encourage friendly microflora
- Ease pain from arthritis, stiff joints, and gout
So curl up, relax, and enjoy a cup today!
FMD, Cleanse | Serves: 1
Prep time: 5 minutes | Total time: 2 hours
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar*
9 drops liquid stevia (to taste)
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 cup spring water
- Combine all ingredients in a jar or glass. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Shake or stir before serving.
- If using fresh ginger, strain through a sieve.
- Pour over ice and serve. Also tastes great warm!
*Can sub lemons for the ACV if needed