Spicy Chicken with Poblano Peppers
Serves 4 | Prep time: 20 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 4 poblano chiles, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth or water
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the broiler to medium. Place the poblano halves, skin side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Broil 8 minutes or until blackened. Seal the peppers in a plastic bag for 15 minutes.
- Peel and discard the skins.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken broth or water, and the next 8 ingredients (chicken through garlic).
- Sauté until the chicken is lightly browned and the vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Place the poblano halves, cut side up, on a serving platter or plates.
- Spoon the chicken mixture over the peppers, sprinkle with cilantro, and serve.