Spicy Sesame Mustard Greens
Serves 4 | Prep time: 10 to 15 minutes | Total time: 10 to 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound mustard greens, washed and torn into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, sauté the onions in olive oil over medium heat until the onions begin to brown and caramelize, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook 1 minute more, until fragrant.
- Add the mustard greens in two batches, each with about a tablespoon of broth, and cook until the greens are just barely wilted.
- Toss with sesame oil, salt, and pepper