Granita is a super simple frozen treat that you can enjoy as a fruit snack on Phase 1 of the Fast Metabolism Diet. Instead of strawberries, try using blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries!
Phase: 1 | Serves: 3
Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 8 hours
INGREDIENTS1/2 cup xylitol
1/2 cup warm water
3 cups sliced strawberries
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Combine the xylitol and water in a blender; process until the xylitol dissolves.
- Add the strawberries and lemon juice; process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Cover and freeze 3 hours; stir well.
- Cover and freeze 5 hours or overnight.
- Remove the mixture from the freezer; let it stand at room temperature 10 minutes.
- Scrape the entire mixture with a fork until fluffy.