Sweet Potato Pancakes
Spices like cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg–which you find in this delicious recipe–are so great for digestion and contain anti-inflammatory properties. Don't forget that you can add as much delicious spice as you want to customize this recipe to your tastes!
Phase 1 | Serves 2
Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons rice milk
- 10 drops of liquid stevia, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of ginger
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of sea salt
- 2 large egg whites
- Place the sweet potato in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of water, cover with plastic wrap (leaving a small vent hole), and cook in the microwave for about 5 minutes, until the potato is very soft (you could steam the sweet potato in a pot on the stove, if you prefer).
- Mash the sweet potato well with a fork. Add the rice milk, stevia, baking soda, spices, and salt and mash until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs (or beat them with an electric mixer) until frothy. Fold the egg whites into the sweet potato mixture.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over low heat. Drop batter by spoonfuls into the skillet, making a pancake shape. Cook until browned on both sides, and serve.