Sweet Potato and Broccoli Sauté
Phase 1 | Serves 2
Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
1 large sweet potato, cubed
½ cup diced yellow onion
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup white beans
½ teaspoon coconut aminos, or to taste
3 tablespoons tamari
1 tablespoon birch xylitol
1 cup quinoa, cooked
- Place the sweet potato cubes in a pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer briskly for about 15 minutes or until almost tender.
- Drain the sweet potato and set aside.
- Add the diced onion, broccoli, and beans to the skillet and sauté in coconut aminos for 3-4 minutes. Add sweet potato and stir to mix.
- In a bowl whisk the tamari, xylitol, and 2 tablespoons water and stir until the xylitol is completely dissolved. Pour the xylitol mixture over the vegetables and simmer for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve spooned over the quinoa.
*Tip: For meat lovers, swap the white beans for 8 oz. of cubed cooked chicken.
*Tip: Because the sweet potatoes are so starchy, I like to serve this dish with just a 1/2 cup quinoa.