Turkish Roasted Red Pepper Eggs
Phase 2 | Serves 3 | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 large red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed
- ½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, halved, yolks removed
- Minced fresh parsley
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Cut the red pepper lengthwise into quarters. Place them skin side-up on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Broil for 8 to 10 minutes, checking often, until the skins are completely blistered and mostly blackened.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, fold the aluminum foil around the peppers to seal tightly, and let the peppers steam for 20 minutes.
- When they’re cool enough to handle, slip the skins off of the peppers and place them
in a food processor with the balsamic vinegar, spices, and salt. Pulse until everything is
smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Stuff the filling into the egg white halves, sprinkle with minced fresh parsley, and serve.