Turkish Roasted Red Pepper Eggs
Focusing on lean protein and low-glycemic vegetables during Phase 2 promotes the retention and development of muscle, while we release body weight, primarily in thr form of fat!
Phase 2 | Serves 3
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes
Ingredients1 large red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed
½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Pinch cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon sea salt
6 hard-boiled eggs, halved, yolks removed
Minced fresh parsley
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Cut the red pepper lengthwise into quarters. Place them skin side-up on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Broil for 8 to 10 minutes, checking often, until the skins are completely blistered and mostly blackened.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, fold the aluminum foil around the peppers to seal tightly, and let the peppers steam for 20 minutes.
- When they’re cool enough to handle, slip the skins off of the peppers and place them.
- In a food processor with the balsamic vinegar, spices, and salt. Pulse until everything is smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Stuff the filling into the egg white halves, sprinkle with minced fresh parsley, and serve.