Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
Serves 2 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons raw coconut oil
- 30 drops liquid stevia, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Olive or grapeseed oil, for the pan
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake 1 hour, until tender.
- Remove from the oven, let the potatoes cool a little, and then slice off the top third of the potatoes lengthwise.
- Scoop out the flesh with a spoon, leaving just enough behind so that the skin holds its shape. Reserve the potato skins.
- In a food processor (or by hand), mash the sweet potato flesh, coconut oil, stevia, cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt, and cayenne pepper smooth.
- Lightly oil the foil-lined baking sheet, set the potato skins on it, and fill with the mixture.
- Top with the pecans.
- Bake 10 minutes. If you like, slide the potatoes under the broiler for 1 minute to brown the tops.