Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
These amazing sweet potatoes are sweet, savory, and crunchy! They make the perfect side dish for any Phase 3 meal!
Phase 3 | Serves: 2
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
INGREDIENTS2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
2 tablespoons raw coconut oil
30 drops liquid stevia, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Dash cayenne pepper
Olive or grapeseed oil, for the pan
1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake 1 hour, until tender.
- Remove from the oven, let the potatoes cool a little, and then slice off the top third of the potatoes lengthwise.
- Scoop out the flesh with a spoon, leaving just enough behind so that the skin holds its shape. Reserve the potato skins.
- In a food processor (or by hand), mash the sweet potato flesh, coconut oil, stevia, cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt, and cayenne pepper smooth.
- Lightly oil the foil-lined baking sheet, set the potato skins on it, and fill with the mixture.
- Top with the pecans.
- Bake 10 minutes. If you like, slide the potatoes under the broiler for 1 minute to brown the tops.