Phase 1 and Phase 3 | Serves 2*
Prep time: 5 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
- 2 medium to large zucchini
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup sprouted grain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Clean and pat dry the zucchini, then cut into wedges about 1/2″ thick.
- Lightly beat the egg whites and place in a shallow bowl or on a plate. Mix the breadcrumbs with the salt, garlic, and pepper (and any other spices of your choosing) and place on a separate plate. Dunk the zucchini sticks into the egg white, allowing any excess to drip off, then into the breadcrumbs, trying to adhere an even coat without having it come off in clumps – though some bare spots are not the end of the world.
- Spread the zucchini on a greased baking pan and bake at 450 F for about 10 minutes on each side.
*Counts as half of a grain serving on Phase 1 and a full grain serving on Phase 3. F