5 Ways To Heal Your Gut Fast Using Food Rx
Is your Body Whispering?
Have you ever eaten a meal and felt bloated or gassy, even if it was healthy? Do you have difficulty digesting food, have food allergies, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), or fluctuations between constipation and loose stool? One in six people in the US suffer from IBS, and many others suffer from some form of indigestion like acid reflux or heartburn. Your body is whispering. You may think it’s no big deal, but if you ignore these quiet messages, the sound will only get louder. You need a food prescription. You need Fast Metabolism Food Rx so we can start to get to the solution!
“You Are What You Digest and Absorb”
Clients often come into my office and repeat the mantra “you are what you eat”. But I like to explain that it’s really about, “you are what you digest and absorb”, and the gastrointestinal (GI) tract determines what you absorb. Any form of digestive dysfunction can affect every part of your health. Everything from hair and skin, to focus and memory, and even blood sugar control can be affected if the GI tract is not working properly. I’ve created a solution, a prescription to repair your gut to feed you back to health.
My clients, my family, and even my co-workers have used this prescription and seen symptoms practically vanish. Do you want relief too? Listen up. What we’re going to do is remove potential stressors, reactive foods, and bad bacteria. We’re going to repair any damage to the GI tract, and we’re going to restore it back to health by ensuring a healthy elimination of toxins and encouraging regular bowel function. Let’s fix the pathways first so you can reap the benefits of the foods you feed it.
Your Gut is the Gatekeeper
Think of your GI tract as the body’s gatekeeper. It is the mode of delivery for nutrients, and it says what can or can’t come through. Eating simple meals will help to sooth irritation in the GI tract. Using too much fat can be hard for a stressed GI tract to digest. If it’s not working properly, it won’t know what to do with the food it’s given. If food is medicine, and you can’t process the food, then you can’t receive your medicine and reap the benefits. What good is eating an apple a day, if you can’t absorb the nutrients? Ok, so we know the importance of the gut, now let’s get to the solutions for repair so you can receive your medicine.
5 Food Rx Guidelines for Gastrointestinal Repair
- Eat every 3-4 hours. That means 3 meals and 3 snacks every day – no skipping.
- Drink half your body weight in ounces of spring water every day, with a max of 100 ounces a day. Make it a habit to drink first thing when you wake up and carry a water bottle to work. Whatever you do, you must get in all of your water, every day.
- Include my Top Power Foods for GI repair in your meals and snacks as often as possible. In Fast Metabolism Food Rx I list specific vegetables, fruits, herbs and proteins that are easy to digest, target the metabolic pathways for better nutrient absorption, and help to encourage proliferation of good gut bacteria.
Lifestyle Strategies for improving digestive function:
• Chew s-l-o-w-l-y. The easiest way to improve your body’s ability to fully digest your food is to chew it thoroughly. My clients find if they sing the “Happy Birthday” song, it helps to increase the time it takes to eat their food and has practically cured their heartburn or constipation. The reason for this is that when we chew, we stimulate digestive juices, which tell our GI tract to prepare for the food that is about to come down.
• Enjoy Eating. It’s time to turn down the stress dial, take a few breaths and take the time to enjoy your food. Not in the car, not running out the door, and not after an argument. Sit down, share a meal with friends or family, and enjoy a meal at the table. Your GI tract will thank you.
• Journal Your Meals. Writing down everything you eat and how you feel when you eat is important in identifying patterns. I find this really helps my clients identify the foods that are giving them troubling symptoms. This will also be helpful to share with your doctor.
- Team up with your Doc. Share with your doctor that you are using diet to work on your GI issues. Your doctor may want to run some tests, and you may want to ask for additional tests like a stool analysis or food allergy panel to get the full picture of what’s going on.
Getting to Solutions for GI Repair with Fast Metabolism Food RX
With Fast Metabolism Food Rx we’re going to get to the root cause of these messages your body is sending. We’re going to build your health dream team and get to the solutions to repair your gastrointestinal issues and any other conditions you’re struggling with. We’ll work through self-discovery quizzes and target the primary pathways of the GI tract for digesting, absorbing, assimilating and eliminating food.
When I was struggling with health issues, at the time there was no dream team, no solution, so I had to create one. I’ve created this for you. This is a practical guide, a prescription for repairing what’s not working. Fast Metabolism Food RX is your playbook and you’re going to become the captain of your team. We’re here waiting for you.