Boost Your Wellness with Success Boosters!
Ever feel like you just need a little something extra? Success Boosters are my little gift to you – a little burst of healing, energy, and repair just when you need it.
Success Boosters are close to my heart. For years I have been collecting these holistic folk and home remedies. These have helped so many of my clients and can help you too! Success Boosters are an important part of The Burn, but you can use them anytime with any of my plans and programs!
Here are a few favorites to incorporate into your day.
Epsom Salt Bath
- Magnesium sulfate, commonly known as Epsom salts is a naturally occurring substance composed of two compounds that are essential to our well-being: magnesium and sulfate. We need magnesium to regulate our enzymes and reduce inflammation. We need sulfur to create amino acids, digest food, and detoxify the body. Because magnesium sulfate can easily be absorbed through the skin, taking a bath is a simple and relaxing way to boost your levels of both essential minerals while also detoxifying
- Deep breathing exercises accomplish many goals, especially stress management, oxygenation of tissue, and increased alkalinity. Deep breathing is an ancient practice. In India, it is called pranayama, and it is considered the path to a quiet, calm, enlightened mind. According to this philosophy, a central energy channel runs through the middle of the body, and deep breathing activates the life force within this channel, moving energy throughout the body from top to bottom. This practice is believed to gradually coax the body and mind into a higher state of being. There are many different pranayama techniques, but you can start very simply.
- When you do these exercises, try not to breathe from your upper chest, and do not move your shoulders as you inhale and exhale. Keep them still and try to fill your lower abdomen with air. This can feel difficult at first, but it is easy to learn with practice. This will help you access a deeper part of your lungs, which will more fully oxygenate your entire body, as oxygen from the lungs moves through the mucosal lining into the bloodstream via tiny capillaries at the ends of the branches of your lungs.
- Although the term infrared may sound space-agey to you, infrared saunas are gentle and operate at a lower heat than typical dry saunas. Instead of using heated rocks like a dry sauna, infrared saunas infrared heaters and infrared light to produce radiant heat that your body absorbs. Sweating in an infrared sauna increases your metabolism and circulation. It is a comforting but compelling way to detox. The only caution I would give you is not to let yourself get overheated and to drink plenty of water before, during, and after your sauna time, as would apply to any sauna or heat therapy. If you become uncomfortable or dizzy, leave the sauna and relax until you feel better. Unless you are heat-sensitive, you shouldn’t have any problem with an infrared sauna. If you start slowly and work your way up to more time as you get used to the experience, you should remain comfortable and still get all the circulation-enhancing and detoxification benefits.
Alternate Nostril Breathing
- Alternate nostril breathing helps make up for the fact that most of us unintentionally favor one nostril over the other while breathing. This practice helps restore balance to the breath, which in turn balances the body. This is an ideal practice for hormone imbalance because balance in any system helps restore balance in all systems. For this reason, alternate nostril breathing also helps restore balance to the emotions, so this is an ideal Success Booster for when you are feeling subject to mood swings or emotional extremes.
Dry Skin Brushing
- Dry skin brushing is a wonderful way to reduce bloating and boost the elimination of toxins through the circulatory and lymphatic systems. It’s good for you anytime and it speeds up detoxification. When you start burning hormone-induced fat rapidly, you will be releasing a heavy dose of fat-soluble toxins that will come out wherever they can. Taking advantage of the skin as the largest detoxification organ in the body is a good way to help ease this process, and dry skin brushing is the best way to enhance detoxification through the skin. This takes some of the burden off the liver. Dry skin brushing also increases the flow of blood to the skin, removes dead skin cells, and stimulates the nervous system as well as the production of collagen and elastin. This aids in skin cell turnover and more circulation to skin cells, so that crepey, drapey skin looks tighter, smoother, and younger again.
Hydrotherapy (wet sock treatment)
- The wet sock treatment, also known as the cold sock treatment, is a powerful circulation-stimulating and system-balancing form of hydrotherapy that is quite simple—if a little weird. When you put cold socks on hot feet, your body will rush to correct this strange situation, sending all the blood to your feet to warm them. This puts your entire circulatory system on high alert as the body seeks to restore your internal homeostasis. Everything starts moving and your immune system kicks in to get toxins out and restore balance. You will wake up feeling great—more balanced and vigorous than you did the night before. This is also an excellent treatment for the first signs of a virus, as well as one of my favorite remedies for hormone-induced sleep issues.
MORE SUCCESS BOOSTERS
We also have several other success boosters for you on our site. You can check them out below.