Have Success by Eliminating What Slows the Metabolism and Speed It up with my Quick Beef Pho
Losing weight seems mysterious to some, impossible to others, but it’s really not that complicated. It’s not about calories or fat grams or carbs. People like to say that losing weight is simply a matter of eating fewer calories than you burn. Calories in, calories out. I’ve never believed in that, and I’ve witnessed how untrue it is for some people. It’s not a matter of eating fewer calories, but it’s about the burn.
It’s about your metabolism. Fire it up, and you’ll burn everything you eat like a bonfire, even if you eat a lot. You know those skinny people who always pack it in? They have fast metabolisms. Then, there are people who hardly eat at all and remain saddled with extra weight. They are the ones with slow metabolisms that have cooled off and aren’t burning the way they should. Tamp down your metabolism until it's like a pile of wet logs, and it's not going to do anything for you. When you throw garbage on a damp pile of wood, it’s going to become a heap of wet mess. You can’t start a fire with that. All you get is wet logs and moldy garbage. All you get is fat. That’s what happens when you throw junk food, processed sugar, and all those other foods you know you probably shouldn’t eat, into a body with a slow metabolism. You accumulate fat, and more fat and nothing seems to burn.
You have to turn toward food, like my quick Beef Pho, to ignite your metabolism. It can help get your body to an optimum level of wellness.
Quick Beef Pho
Phase 2 | Serves 4 | Prep time: 20 minutes | Total time: 55 minutes
1 large yellow onion, divided
8 cups beef broth, divided
6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
1 5-inch piece ginger root, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
3 whole star anise
1 cinnamon stick (about 3 to 4 inches long)
1 pound beef round steak, very thinly sliced (partially freeze the steak to make slicing easier)
2 cups quick-cooking Asian greens (such as baby bok choy, tatsoi, or baby spinach, cut into small
6 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage, daikon radish, or a mixture of the two
1 handful each of fresh basil leaves, mint leaves, and cilantro leaves
1 red chile, thinly sliced
1 large lime, cut into quarters
1 1/2 tablespoons tamari
2 to 3 drops stevia
Sea salt as needed
Crushed red pepper flakes
- Have all of the ingredients prepped and ready. Leaving the skin on, halve the yellow onion. Peel and thinly slice the remaining half. Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the broth, and add half of the onion (with skin intact) face down. Add the ginger and garlic, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the star anise and cinnamon stick. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining beef broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place the sliced beef on a serving platter. Place the greens, cabbage/radish, herbs, chiles, and lime wedges on a separate platter. Place the crushed red pepper flakes alongside.
- When the broth is done, use a slotted spoon to remove the onion, ginger, garlic, and whole spices
- from the broth (discard).
- Add the tamari and stevia to the broth. Taste and add sea salt if needed. Raise the heat and bring the broth to a rapid boil. Have everyone assemble their Pho bowl. As soon as the broth is boiling, ladle 2 cups over each bowl, serve and enjoy!
Make sure you find out more about the 14 Day Fast Metabolism Diet Quick Start Kit
Use your 10% Membership Discount for the Fast Metabolism Diet Quick Start Kit now!
Join the conversation and make sure to connect with me on FaceBook!