Support Weight Loss Maintenance with these 3 Tips and my Roast Beef Wraps
Maintenance is the process of getting you firmly established at your new weight so you can stay there for life. These 3 tips can help you achieve that -
Tip #1. Three Meals, Two Snacks.
Stay in the habit of eating three meals and two snacks a day. This will keep your metabolism stoked and burning through the food you eat. Don’t forget to plant Crash Stashes at home, at work, in your car, at the gym, etc. I recommend keeping some type of rotation when it comes to snacks. Two days of fruit snacks, two days of protein snacks and three days of healthy fat-based snacks will keep you out of a rut and keep your metabolism guessing. This helps to ensure your body will never become resistant to any type of foods, and it sets you up for rapid burn if garbage (like that ice cream you’ve been dreaming about) ever happens to pass your lips.
Tip #2. Celebrate the Seasons
Study after study shows that the body’s digestion, hormonal output, and structure changes with the seasons. Nature mirrors this in its production of different foods at different times of the year. Eating seasonal foods - like watermelon and berries in the summer, apples in the fall, and root vegetables in the winter - help to support the body’s natural rhythm and its connection with nature.
Tip #3. Keep Cooking and Slow Cooking
When you’re too busy to cook, get the slow cooker ready the night before and put the “bowl” in the fridge. In the morning, plug it in, turn it on, and go. You’ll come home to a hot dinner so delicious you won’t even be tempted by frozen dinners or takeout.
Here's a delicious metabolism-boosting recipe for maintenance that my community loves! Simple ingredients that pack well for lunch or an on-the-go meal.
Roast Beef Wraps with Plums
Maintenance | Serves 4
Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 8 to 10 drops of liquid stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 4 sprouted-grain tortillas
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 1 pound thinly sliced roast beef
- 4 plums, thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, stevia, salt, and pepper. Stir in the onion and ginger.
- Fill the tortillas with the lettuce, roast beef, plums, cucumbers, carrots, and mint. Serve with the vinaigrette for drizzling.
In Good Health,