Make peace with food. Fall in Love with this Harvest Minestrone and see how it can Heal your Metabolism
I want you to let go of the death grip of fear food once had over you. I want you to learn to see food as your friend, your ally, your companion on your journey to a healthier, thinner you. I want you to relearn how to show love through the food you put on your family’s table and enjoy the love that your family puts into the food they cook for you.
You know the Fast Metabolism Diet is about eating, and it’s about eating a lot. You know it’s a diet that requires you to eat five times a day, sometimes more; that it’s a diet about feeding your metabolism, using food to fuel your weight loss. But to do that, you have to have real food, and real food needs to be cooked. And if you’re as busy as most of my clients, that food needs to be easy; it needs to taste amazing, and it needs to be good for you.
We are going to find the new you, and we’re going to do it now. It’s going to take a little work, but it’s nothing you can’t do. I’m not going to ask you to starve yourself ever again. That’s likely what got you into this mess in the first place. So let’s draw a line in the sand. If food has been your enemy in the past, that’s all over. Now we’re stepping into your future, where food is your medicine. It’s the only thing we have to build our bodies, to create a healthy heart, strong bones and muscles, and good skin, hair and nails. It’s what we use to fuel the manufacture of hormones that regulate everything in our bodies. It’s not just energy. It’s life. It’s time to stop being afraid to eat, and instead, learn how to do it the right way. Whether you are ten or twenty or fifty pounds overweight, you need this medicine. You need to learn how to use food to unwind stress, unlock fat, and unleash your metabolism.
Food, not lack of it, is always the best way to address the metabolism. We must make food a priority to achieve health. Embrace delicious recipes like my Harvest Minestrone with Kale and let's start feeding your body back to health today!
HARVEST MINESTRONE WITH KALEI-Burn and Phase 3 | Serves 6
Prep time: 20 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 carrots, medium diced
- 2 celery stalks, medium, diced
- 1 red onion, medium diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups fresh zucchini, medium diced (about 1 medium or 2 small)
- 2 cups green beans, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 28-ounce can diced tomatoes with juice
- 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups lightly packed chopped fresh kale, tough stems removed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat a large, heavy pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, carrots, celery, and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or until the veggies have softened. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes, and sauté about 30 seconds, until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the zucchini, green beans, and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often until the veggies begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the broth and tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, until the veggies are tender. Stir in the beans and kale, and simmer until the kale is tender about 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley, season to taste with salt and pepper if needed, and serve.
Did You Know?
Join the conversation and make sure to connect with me on Facebook!