Mother's Day Recipes that Boost Your Metabolism!
Phase 1 | Serves 6
Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
1 1/4 cups spelt flour
2 tablespoons xylitol
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon arrowroot
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup rice milk
2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 cups Phase 1 berries
Optional: Powdered xylitol, to garnish
- Combine the first 6 ingredients (spelt flour through baking soda) in a medium-sized bowl. Combine the rice milk, cider vinegar, and vanilla in a measuring cup or smaller bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir just until all flour is moistened.
- Set the batter aside while you heat a nonstick waffle iron.
- Follow your iron’s instructions for making the waffles, cooking until golden brown.
- Serve with berries. Dust with powdered xylitol, if you like.
Eggs and Toast with Tomato and Red Onion
Phase 3 | Serves 1
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes
1 slice of sprouted-grain toast
1 large egg
¼ teaspoon olive or grapeseed oil
1/2 medium tomato, sliced
¼ red onion, sliced
- Toast the bread.
- Meanwhile, fry the egg in a nonstick skillet with oil.
- When done, place it on the toast and top with the tomato and onion slices.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste. Serve with sliced avocado, cucumbers, and berries.
Bacon n' Pancakes Breakfast Sandwich
Phase 2 | Serves 1
Prep time: 5 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
3 ounces fresh chopped or baby spinach (about 3 cups packed)
Pinch each of sea salt, black pepper, and ground nutmeg
4 ounces nitrate-free turkey bacon, cooked (about 3 strips)
2 Griddle Cakes (recipe below)
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the spinach, sea salt, pepper, and nutmeg, and sauté just until the spinach wilts, about 30 seconds.
- Sandwich the sautéed spinach and bacon between the pancakes, and serve.
Makes 2 pancakes
1/4 cup Fast Metabolism Quick & Easy Dessert and Snack Mix
1 1/2 tablespoons pasteurized egg whites
2 1/2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat until the consistency of a spreadable batter, about 2 minutes.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, spoon 1/4 cup of the mixture into the pan and spread with a spoon to about 1/4” thickness (about 7 inches in diameter).
- Cook until the bottom edges turn golden, then flip to cook the other side.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
Phase 3 | Serves 4
Prep time: 40 minutes | Total time: 1 hour
The sauce can be made ahead and refrigerated; reheat slowly on low heat, stirring constantly. This sauce is also great as a dipping sauce for veggies.
Dairy-free Hollandaise Sauce:
2 medium egg yolks
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons coconut oil, heated to about 95 degrees
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon paprika
2 sprouted grain or brown rice English muffins, halved and toasted
4 slices cooked turkey bacon
4 cups baby spinach, steamed
4 poached eggs
- Fill a blender with boiling water and cover with the lid. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Thoroughly dry the blender jar, then blend the egg yolks and lemon juice on low speed in the hot container.
- Slowly pour in the hot coconut oil and combine. Season with salt and paprika.
- Serve immediately over eggs Benedict.
Stack ingredients and top with hollandaise sauce!