Tempeh Breakfast Skillet
Phase 2 | Serves 2
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes
8 ounces tempeh, cut into ½-inch cubes
½ cup diced red bell pepper
½ cup diced yellow onion
½ cup 1-inch asparagus pieces
2 cups sliced button mushrooms
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
3 cups baby spinach
Pinch ground nutmeg
Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the tempeh until browned, about
- Push the tempeh to the side of the pan.
- Add the red bell pepper, onion, and asparagus.
- Sauté for 2 minutes, or until the onions begin to soften.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to cook the veggies for another 2 minutes (the mushrooms will begin to give up their water).
- Stir the tempeh back into the mixture.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, cover and simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir in the baby spinach. Add nutmeg, salt, and pepper to taste and serve.