The Metabolism Affects Every Single Aspect of your Life
Metabolism affects every single aspect of your life, from your bones, hair, skin, nails, tendons, and ligaments to your moods, immune system function, stress hormone production, cholesterol metabolism, libido, memory, and cognition. Metabolism is the big-picture process of how your body takes things in and transforms them for energy, rebuilding, and repairing. Your metabolism is the way your unique body adapts to your unique environment. It is what your body does with the food you eat. To do anything at all your body must take in food and process it, extracting what it needs and eliminating what it doesn’t. Then it must use what it has extracted to do the work of repairing, rebuilding, and replenishing you.
The foods you eat and the energy they contain determine what your metabolism does. Your body looks at what it’s got to work with and then it goes to work. The metabolism is the mechanism by which your body gets its jobs done. Know yourself, and you will know your metabolism - And that is how you will know what to eat. You can’t tell me that somebody with heart disease should be eating the same way as someone with diabetes, or that somebody with severe depression should be eating the same way as someone who wants to get a better to get a better time on the next run or wishes to spice things up in the bedroom. You can put the best fuel in the world in your car, but it won’t matter if the engine is broken or if you’re trying to put jet fuel into your Honda. The fuel is what you eat. The engine is your metabolism. The car’s performance is your health. Even an engine in tip-top shape can be destroyed by the wrong fuel.
Fuel your metabolism and boost your mood with my flavorful Tamari-Ginger Steamed Halibut.
Tamari-Ginger Steamed Halibut
Phase 1 | Serves 4
Prep time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 1/2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeño (about 1 small jalapeño)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup diagonally cut green onions
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms (about 2 ounces)
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips (about 1 large pepper)
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless halibut fillets
- 8 ounces buckwheat soba noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a wide, shallow dish (big enough to dip the halibut fillets in), whisk together the first four ingredients (tamari through jalapeño) and set aside.
- Fold four (16 x 12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil in half crosswise. Open the foil and divide the veggies (carrots, onions, snap peas, mushrooms, and bell peppers) evenly among the foil sheets. Dip the halibut fillets into the tamari mixture, turning to coat evenly. Place one fillet on each mound of veggies. Spoon the remaining tamari mixture evenly over each serving. Fold the foil over the halibut and veggies and tightly seal the edges. Place the packets on a baking sheet. Bake them for 13 minutes. Remove them from the oven and let them stand for 3 minutes.
- While the packets bake, cook the soba according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse the soba under cold water. Place 1 cup of the soba on each of four plates, and top each with the contents of a foil packet. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon of cilantro. Serve immediately.
Did you know?
Metabolism T4T3 Thyroid Targeted Formula is designed to support healthy thyroid function and activity. It features targeted nutrients and herbs that support healthy thyroid hormone biosynthesis. This combination may facilitate the expression of thyroid hormone genes. The addition of ashwagandha and guggul extract may aid in the conversion of thyroxine to triiodothyronine (T4 to T3) and may assist in maintaining healthy blood lipid levels already within the normal range.
Make sure you find out more about the Metabolism T4T3: Thyroid Targeted Formula
Use your 10% Membership Discount for the Metabolism T4T3: Thyroid Targeted Formula now!
The scale only tells you your weight; it says nothing about your worth. You are worth this!