VLOG: An Organ of Detox, The Liver
WATCH THIS VIDEO! Haylie discusses the many functions of the liver and how it plays a vital role in detoxification.
Phase 2 is where the body releases historical fat, and bound up in those old fatty deposits are toxins from anything from exposure to cleaning supplies to metal exposure from old dental work. When that historical fat is released into the bloodstream, so are those toxins. Your liver and bowels need to work extra hard to process those and eliminate them from the body, so it’s important to fully support those functions. There’s many things you can do to support these functions but let’s make sure you’re eating lots of alkalizing veggies!
Here’s a Phase 2 recipe for starters:
Smoked Salmon Frittata
Serves 2 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 5 egg whites
- 1 to 2 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 3 to 4 tablespoons capers
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Preheat your oven’s broiler to low heat (or, if you only have one broil setting, move the oven rack down to about 6 inches beneath the broiler).
- In a cast iron or nonstick skillet, lightly sauté the red onions.
- In a bowl, lightly whisk the egg whites, and then add the smoked salmon and capers.
- Pour the egg white mixture into the pan. Place in the oven and broil for about 5 minutes, until the egg whites are fully cooked.
- Serve over a bed of baby arugula.