Why Your Metabolism Needs 3 Distinctive Food Approaches
It’s not a trick. It’s just the way nature is. It’s a basic principle of physics: a body at rest tends to stay at rest unless something compels it to move. A body in motion tends to stay in motion unless something compels it to stop. This is the same for your metabolism. Once you coax your metabolism into motion, it’s easier to keep it moving. You’re taking that horse by the reins and walking him around the paddock so you can move him into the trailer.
If you do only one kind of exercise, like running or the elliptical trainer, your body gets used to that exercise, and you soon stop seeing results. You hit a plateau. You’re using the same muscles, in the same way, every day and neglecting all the other muscles in your body. In the same way that cross-training shakes up that routine by keeping your body surprised, the Fast Metabolism Diet shakes up your dietary patterns.
Each phase only lasts for a short time, so you don’t exhaust any one system or part of yourself. Doing any phase for too long is like asking you to clean your whole house when you didn’t get any sleep the night before. You’ll be exhausted, and you won’t do as good a job of it. We’re going to clean your house (your body) room by room, a little at a time, until its sparkling.
When you move through to the next phase, the systems and organs from the previous phase get to relax, rest, and restore. A healthy metabolism wants to do three things:
- Take your food and turn it into energy
- Release stored fat
- Turn newly released stored fat into energy
Each of the three phases accomplishes these steps when done in order.
But, what really makes the magic happen? It is the micronutrients that your body extracts from the foods you eat. I formulate each and every one of my recipes with this SCIENTIFIC FACT in mind!
TRY THESE RECIPES TO UNLOCK, UNWIND, AND UNLEASH YOUR METABOLISM:
APPLE-CINNAMON CAKE BARSPhase 1 | Serves 5 (serving size is 2 bars)
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 55 minutes
2 1/2 cups rolled oats, divided
1/2 cup birch xylitol
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
5 small apples, cored, divided (no need to peel)
1 cup unsweetened rice milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment.
- Place half of the oats in a food processor, and process until finely ground. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and stir in the remaining oats, xylitol, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Place 3 of the cored apples in the food processor, and process until smooth. Finely chop the remaining 2 apples. Add the apple puree and chopped apples to the mixing bowl, along with the rice milk and vanilla. Stir well.
- Spread the mixture into a lined pan and bake 55 minutes, or until the center springs back when lightly touched. Let cool and cut into 10 bars. Enjoy immediately, or freeze in ziplock bags (2 bars per bag) for quick single-serving breakfasts.
CLASSIC MARYLAND CRAB CAKES
Phase 3 | Serves 4
Prep time: 25 mins. | Total time: 1 hour 25 mins.
Find ingredients and directions here.
DID YOU KNOW?
Along with healthy, nutrient-rich foods, the Fast Metabolism Diet Quick Start Kit contains everything you need to maximize your success on the path to a BETTER YOU with the Fast Metabolism Diet. Learn More
Make sure you find out more about our Fast Metabolism Diet Quick Start Kit.
Use your 10% Membership Discount on Fast Metabolism Diet Quick Start Kit now!
In Good Health,