Baked Carrot Cake Oatmeal Bars, Video
This recipe is loaded with ingredients that are incredible digestive aids—they're going to help you burn right through complex carbs, help with brain function, and inflammation. Carrots are loaded with vitamin A and great for collagen and elastin—a few major components that give you beautiful, glowing skin. They're also great for eye health.
These delish bars are so easy to make, freeze well, and are great to take with you as a snack on-the-go. Remember, pleasure stimulates the metabolism, so having a delicious treat like this is going to be so amazing for your body.
Maintenance | Serves 6
Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 1 hour
2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups grated carrots
1/2 cup chopped pineapple
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup unsweetened oat milk or rice milk
1/2 cup xylitol, or more to taste
1 large egg
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with a piece of parchment paper cut to fit.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, carrot, pineapple, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt and stir until well mixed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, xylitol, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir gently until fully combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it to cover the bottom evenly.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until golden brown and set in the middle. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes, then cut into 6 squares and serve.
Have questions? Looking for more incredible recipe videos and tips for your kitchen? Enjoy this FREE 30-day pass to my private member community. Use JOINMEFREE at sign up!