Cardio and a Metabolism Boosting Rainbow Chicken and Veggies
Cardio doesn’t just burn fat. It also releases endorphins and catecholamines that make you feel calm and good, so your body can stop panicking and hoarding stored fat. Choose any activity from this list for your cardio:
- Biking - outdoors on a stationary bike, or in a spin class
- Brisk/power walking outdoors, on a track, or a treadmill
- Dancing or dance classes like Zumba
- Elliptical trainer
- Rowing, in an actual boat or on a machine
- Running/jogging outdoors, or on a track, or a treadmill
- Sports with sustained activity like volleyball and basketball
- Stair climbing, on any set of actual stairs or a stair-climbing machine
- Step aerobics class
- Yoga that keeps you moving, like hot yoga or Vinyasa yoga
Your goal is to raise your heart rate to between 120 and 140 beats per minute for 20 - 35 minutes, but not to go over 145 beats per minute. The level of intensity will depend on your level of fitness. You can track your heart rate on most newer fitness watches, or with a heart rate monitor strap around your chest or wrist. Some workout equipment also tracks your heart rate for you if you hold your finger over the sensor while exercising.
While cardio is important, please observe the upper limit as well. When you are using food for weight loss and strategically stimulating muscle development, preserving and building muscle is crucial for success. When your heart rate elevates too high, and exercise becomes strenuous, muscle mass can be broken down.
Fuel your body with some of these metabolism boosting recipes!
Rainbow Chicken and Veggies
METABOLISM REVOLUTION: DINNER PART 2
MEAL MAP A
MEAL MAP B
MEAL MAP C
|BONELESS, SKINLESS, CHICKEN BREAST,* CHOPPED||4 OUNCES||4 OUNCES||8 OUNCES|
|BELL PEPPER (RED, YELLOW, OR ORANGE)||3/4 CUP CHOPPED||1 CUP CHOPPED||1 CUP CHOPPED|
|RED ONION||1/4 CHOPPED||1/2 CHOPPED||1/2 CHOPPED|
|ZUCCHINI||1/2 CUP CHOPPED||1 CUP CHOPPED||1 CUP CHOPPED|
|BROCCOLI FLORETS||3/4 CUP||2 CUPS||2 CUPS|
|OLIVE OIL||2 TABLESPOONS||2 TABLESPOONS||2 TABLESPOONS|
|SEA SALT||1/4 TEASPOON||1/2 TEASPOON||1/2 TEASPOON|
|GROUND PEPPER||1/4 TEASPOON||1/2 TEASPOON||1/2 TEASPOON|
|ITALIAN SEASONING||1/2 TEASPOON||1 TEASPOON||1 TEASPOON|
|PAPRIKA||1/8 TEASPOON||1/4 TEASPOON||1/4 TEASPOON|
1. Preheat the oven to 500ºF.
2. Place the chicken, bell pepper, onion, zucchini, and broccoli in a medium roasting dish or rimmed baking sheet. Add the oil, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and paprika. Toss to combine. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the veggies are charred and the chicken is cooked through. Serve.
Find directions and ingredients here.
Use your 10% Membership Discount on the Bye-Bye Belly Fat Bundle now!