Keeping the metabolic fire burning [Video]
This week’s reader question: “I’m in maintenance, but my weight is starting to creep up. What can I do.” That’s a great question! Here’s how to keep your metabolism burning.
The video below explains my strategies for keeping your metabolism running fast and hot for the rest of your life. It’s about applying the principles you learned on the Fast Metabolism Diet. Below the video, you’ll find a little summary.
Keep the metabolic fire burning
Maybe you’re in maintenance and your weight is starting to creep up. Or maybe you’ve fallen back into some of your old bad habits. Either way, there are ways you can get back on track and feel great again.
1. You can always do a week of the Fast Metabolism Diet at any time — you don’t have to do the whole 28 days. Many of my clients do a week of the diet once per month.
2. Another strategy my clients use: Do Monday as a P1 day, Tuesday as P2, and Wednesday as P3. Then the rest of the week, stay on maintenance. This system reminds the body how the phases feel.
3. Make a Fast Metabolism grocery list. I like to carry of list of all my favorite foods from all of the Phase lists, and try to eat only from those lists. I chose those foods for their specific metabolic benefits.
4. In maintenance, eat fruit with meals; keep your healthy fats and proteins as snacks. That will slow sugar delivery of the natural fructose.
5. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!! Once they’re done with the diet, my clients sometimes slack off drinking all their water. That’s a sure way to douse your fire! Your body is releasing stored fat and it has to go somewhere. We want it leaving your body! So keep drinking spring water: half your body weight in ounces every day.