Four Weeks to Fabulous on the Fast Metabolism Diet
Also, you may have to make peace with your old food demons. As you prepare to begin the diet, they may rear their ugly heads. Your obsessions with calorie counting or carb counting, your fear of fruit or meat or fat, your past failures - all of its likely to come to the table. Hear my words: they are unwelcome guests for this feast. Freefall with me and check those old demons at the door. I want you to understand what’s happening and I want you to know you are not alone on this journey.
I get a lot of skeptics at the beginning, so the biggest thing I tell people for week one is to trust. Let go of your preconceived ideas and past diet history. Let go of being so vested in how you think your body will or won’t react to this diet. You don’t know what will happen. You haven’t even started. I’m asking you to freefall a little bit this week, to let yourself go and dive into this. Recognize how much you are asking of your body. Notice the paradigm shift, but don’t get worked up about it or let it freak you out. Let the plan feel easy. Yes, it’s a little scary, but I need you to just let go, trust it and commit to doing it, even if you don’t know exactly what to expect.
You really can eat more food to lose more weight. It is a proven Scientific Fact that the micronutrients in food are what support each and every metabolic pathway. All of my recipes, including the three below, were strategically formulated for your metabolism.
Turkey or Buffalo Chili
PHASE 1 | Serves 6 (a single portion is 2 cups)
Prep time: 25 minutes | Cook time: 5 to 8 hours, depending on the slow cooker setting
1 to 1½ pounds lean ground turkey or buffalo meat
½ cup diced red onion, or more if desired
2 Tbls. fresh parsley or cilantro
1 heaping Tbls. chili powder
1 Tbls. minced garlic
½ tsp. crushed red chili flakes
15-ounce can white beans
15-ounce can kidney beans (no sugar added)
15-ounce can black beans
15-ounce can pinto beans
15-ounce can lentils or adzuki beans
4 cups chopped zucchini
28-oz can crushed tomatoes
1 heaping tsp. sea salt
- Brown the turkey or buffalo meat in a skillet and drain.
- Turn a slow cooker to high setting. Add the meat, onion, parsley, chili powder, garlic, and red pepper flakes to the pot. Stir, cover and set aside.
- Open and partially drain all 5 cans of beans; I leave a little liquid in to make my chili a little juicier. Add the beans, zucchini, and tomatoes to the cooker. Stir well. Keep the cooker set on high for 4 to 5 hours or adjust heat to low and simmer for 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir and taste occasionally, adjusting seasonings as needed. Add the salt just before serving to best preserve its nutrients.
- Note for those following the Fast Metabolism Diet: This meal is appropriate for Phase One. Because this chili contains such a large amount of starchy legumes, it counts as a Grain as well as Protein and Veggie servings. No need to add an additional grain to the meal, even if the meal map specifies a grain.
More Recipes to Enjoy:Hummus Turkey Spinach Wrap
Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes
Find ingredients and directions here.
I get asked all the time, “If you eat so healthy, why do you take a multi-vitamin?” Well, here my top 10 reasons why the Metabolism Multi is a strategic part of my everyday health regimen.
Make sure you find out more about our Metabolism Multi.
Use your 10% Membership Discount on Metabolism Multi now!
I am excited to see you taking control of your health!